Since raising our initial funding at the end of 2016, we’ve been focused on growing our team, building the first version of our product, and preparing for our Summer 2017 initial launch. We’re seeking an ambitious and experienced Product Manager to spearhead the creation of key features in the next phase of our product.
As the first hire on our product team, you will be part of building our organization from the ground up. The Product Manager will report to our Head of Product, work closely with our CTO and Head of Design, and spend lots of quality time with our talented engineers. In the short term, you will be the driving force behind the launch of our initial product (external & internal). As the organization grows, you’ll have the opportunity to manage new verticals and help us scale the product, team, and company.
- Own significant portions of Renew’s customer and internal facing products
- Work closely with engineering, design, business, and marketing to define and build features, from conception to launch and beyond
- Navigate the complexities inherent in our product development, including regulatory compliance, thorny data sets, and contracting with vendors
- Handle the “day-to-day” of building a product (sprint planning, standups, etc.) along with planning and managing a long-term product roadmap
- Propose, monitor, and drive best-in-class performance on a core set of customer usage metrics
- 5-7 years of product management experience, ideally including at least one stint at an early stage startup
- Proficiency in building both internal and external facing websites and tools from the ground up
- Experience in delivering at least one data-intensive product from start to finish, preferably in a highly-regulated industry (e.g. healthcare, finance)
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
At Renew, we believe that retirement should be simple and happy. Founded in 2016 by Kevin Nazemi (co-founder, co-CEO, Oscar Health) and Tony DeGangi (Hunch, eBay), we’re using technology to help baby boomers navigate the transition from employer-sponsored to consumer-driven benefits.
10,000 people turn 65 each day, comprising the first digitally-fluent wave of retirees. Our ultimate aim is to become the trusted resource for these baby boomers as they manage their health, wealth, and time into retirement. Our seed investors include Venrock, Expa, and Garrett Camp (Uber’s co-founder), and we’re launching our initial product--a best-in-class Medicare plan selection platform--in summer 2017.
Our team includes engineering and business alumni of Oscar Health, Google, Microsoft, McKinsey, Hunch, eBay, Tag, and The New York Times from schools including MIT, Northwestern, Harvard, Yale, Rutgers, and Wharton. Our headquarters in sunny Venice, CA is on what GQ has called “the coolest block in America.”
Our team is tight knit in the truest sense--most of us have worked together before, even as far back as college. We work hard, and we also take full advantage of all that our beachside environs have to offer. We aim to be as humble and grounded as we are ambitious and smart.
At Renew, we set a high bar for our talent, and we compensate accordingly. Our package for all employees includes cash, equity (with five-year exercise window), and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k with 4% company match.
We treat our customers the way we want our own family to be treated.
We hold ourselves accountable to the bold commitments we make inside and outside of the office.
Respect & Trust
We value the talent, time and intentions of everyone we work with.
We believe in the power of technology to enable progress.
We have a lot to learn and trust to earn.
We laugh, a lot.