Renew is seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our team. Renew’s first product, a reimagined retiree health benefits platform, is currently live in California, and we’re planning to start growing nationally in 2018. As we do, we’ll be building our team, expanding our group of partners, and putting in place the infrastructure to serve our customers at scale. As a core member of the Internal Operations team, the Coordinator will ensure that we navigate this growth seamlessly by keeping us on-task and on-schedule. The role affords a unique opportunity to be at the center of an early-stage, well-funded startup with the potential for significant professional growth.
- Help manage the entire recruiting lifecycle, from coordinating job postings, phone screens, and interview days, to facilitating new hire onboarding
- Clear logistical roadblocks for Renew’s business and tech/product teams
- Help manage scheduling of company meetings and events
- Manage calendars for the CEO and others as necessary
- Assist the Operations Manager and General Manager with tasks spanning the spectrum of company operations
- 2 years of professional experience, ideally in a startup environment
- Record of achievement, drive, and professional growth
- Experience working independently with a demonstrated bias to action
- Superior organizational skills
- Goal-oriented, positive attitude
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
At Renew, we believe that retirement should be simple and happy. Founded in 2016 by Kevin Nazemi (co-founder, co-CEO, Oscar Health) and Tony DeGangi (Hunch, eBay), we’re using technology to help baby boomers navigate the transition from employer-sponsored to consumer-driven benefits.
10,000 people turn 65 each day, comprising the first digitally-fluent wave of retirees. Our ultimate aim is to become the trusted resource for these baby boomers as they manage their health, wealth, and time into retirement. Our seed investors include Venrock, Expa, and Garrett Camp (Uber’s co-founder), and we’re launching our initial product--a best-in-class Medicare plan selection platform--in summer 2017.
Our team includes engineering and business alumni of Oscar Health, Google, Microsoft, McKinsey, Hunch, eBay, Tag, and The New York Times from schools including MIT, Northwestern, Harvard, Yale, Rutgers, and Wharton. Our headquarters in sunny Venice, CA is on what GQ has called “the coolest block in America.”
Our team is tight knit in the truest sense--most of us have worked together before, even as far back as college. We work hard, and we also take full advantage of all that our beachside environs have to offer. We aim to be as humble and grounded as we are ambitious and smart.
At Renew, we set a high bar for our talent, and we compensate accordingly. Our package for all employees includes cash, equity (with five-year exercise window), and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k with 4% company match.
We treat our customers the way we want our own family to be treated.
We hold ourselves accountable to the bold commitments we make inside and outside of the office.
Respect & Trust
We value the talent, time and intentions of everyone we work with.
We believe in the power of technology to enable progress.
We have a lot to learn and trust to earn.
We laugh, a lot.