Head of Business Development
Renew is seeking a Head of Business Development to join our team. Renew’s first product, a reimagined retiree health benefits platform, is currently live in California, and we’re planning to start growing nationally in 2018. As we do, we’ll be building our team, expanding our group of partners, and putting in place the infrastructure to serve our customers at scale. From HR departments at large employers and trade associations to the children of baby boomers, we see manifold channels through which Renew may ultimately be distributed. The Head of Business Development will own strategy and execution for distribution from our beta launch through our efforts to scale nationally.
- Work with the CEO and General Manager to create Renew’s distribution strategy
- Cultivate relationships with potential partners, including HR departments
- Lead development of sales collateral--presentations, one pagers, online content, demos, etc.
- Inform Renew’s product development by bringing insights from the market to the Engineering, Product, and Design teams
- Develop and be accountable for Renew’s growth targets and plan
- Hire and train Renew’s business development team
- 5-10+ years of enterprise business development and/or consultative sales experience--a plus if within a startup environment
- Polished and compelling presentation and relationship-building skills
- Track record of establishing and meeting goals within the context of a high-growth company
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Experience building and managing a business development team a plus
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
At Renew, we believe that retirement should be simple and happy. Founded in 2016 by Kevin Nazemi (co-founder, co-CEO, Oscar Health) and Tony DeGangi (Hunch, eBay), we’re using technology to help baby boomers navigate the transition from employer-sponsored to consumer-driven benefits.
10,000 people turn 65 each day, comprising the first digitally-fluent wave of retirees. Our ultimate aim is to become the trusted resource for these baby boomers as they manage their health, wealth, and time into retirement. Our seed investors include Venrock, Expa, and Garrett Camp (Uber’s co-founder), and we’re launching our initial product--a best-in-class Medicare plan selection platform--in summer 2017.
Our team includes engineering and business alumni of Oscar Health, Google, Microsoft, McKinsey, Hunch, eBay, Tag, and The New York Times from schools including MIT, Northwestern, Harvard, Yale, Rutgers, and Wharton. Our headquarters in sunny Venice, CA is on what GQ has called “the coolest block in America.”
Our team is tight knit in the truest sense--most of us have worked together before, even as far back as college. We work hard, and we also take full advantage of all that our beachside environs have to offer. We aim to be as humble and grounded as we are ambitious and smart.
At Renew, we set a high bar for our talent, and we compensate accordingly. Our package for all employees includes cash, equity (with five-year exercise window), and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k with 4% company match.
We treat our customers the way we want our own family to be treated.
We hold ourselves accountable to the bold commitments we make inside and outside of the office.
Respect & Trust
We value the talent, time and intentions of everyone we work with.
We believe in the power of technology to enable progress.
We have a lot to learn and trust to earn.
We laugh, a lot.