Head of Business Development
Renew is seeking a Head of Business Development to join our team. Renew’s first product, a reimagined retiree health benefits platform, is currently live in California, and we’re planning to start growing nationally in 2018. As we do, we’ll be building our team, expanding our group of partners, and putting in place the infrastructure to serve our customers at scale. From HR departments at large employers and trade associations to the children of baby boomers, we see manifold channels through which Renew may ultimately be distributed. The Head of Business Development will own strategy and execution for distribution from our beta launch through our efforts to scale nationally.
- Work with the CEO and General Manager to create Renew’s distribution strategy
- Cultivate relationships with potential partners, including HR departments
- Lead development of sales collateral--presentations, one pagers, online content, demos, etc.
- Inform Renew’s product development by bringing insights from the market to the Engineering, Product, and Design teams
- Develop and be accountable for Renew’s growth targets and plan
- Ultimately hire and train Renew’s business development team
- 5-10+ years of enterprise business development and/or consultative sales experience--a plus if within a startup environment
- Polished and compelling presentation and relationship-building skills
- Track record of establishing and meeting goals within the context of a high-growth company
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Experience building and managing a business development team a plus
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
At Renew, we’re modernizing the retirement experience for a new generation of retirees. Founded in 2016 by Kevin Nazemi (co-founder, co-CEO, Oscar Health) and Tony DeGangi (Hunch, eBay), we’re using innovative technology to build clear and simple, yet powerful, tools. We guide our users through complex health and financial decisions so they can focus on enjoying the next, best phase of their lives.
Renew’s goal is to become the premiere destination for the 10,000 people who age into retirement each day. While it was once common for employers to provide retirement benefits, today’s retirees find themselves navigating a complex landscape of government websites, ads, and brokers--all on their own. And while the market speaks to them like they’re at death’s door, we know that today’s retiree is plugged in, active, and digitally savvy. Renew will help manage their health, wealth, and time in a way that fits seamlessly into their lives.
This vision has attracted investment from Venrock, Nyca, and Garrett Camp (Uber’s co-founder), and took shape in our first product launch in October 2017.
Renew’s team is well suited to the challenge. We have years of experience building consumer-focused solutions for top tech and healthcare companies, including Oscar Health, Google, Microsoft, McKinsey, Hunch, eBay, Tag, and The New York Times. While we definitely work hard, we don’t take our beachside environs for granted--especially with an office on Abbot Kinney in Venice, which GQ has dubbed “the coolest block in America.” In everything we do, we aim to be as humble and grounded as we are driven and ambitious.
We set a high bar for our talent, and we compensate accordingly. Renew’s package for all employees includes competitive salary, equity (with five-year exercise window), and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with 4% company match.
We treat our customers the way we want our own family to be treated.
We hold ourselves accountable to the bold commitments we make inside and outside of the office.
Respect & Trust
We value the talent, time and intentions of everyone we work with.
We believe in the power of technology to enable progress.
We have a lot to learn and trust to earn.
We laugh, a lot.