Renew is seeking a motivated and versatile Business Manager to join Renew. Reporting to the General Manager, she/he will work across the company projects spanning the full range of business functions. The role presents a unique opportunity to take on broad responsibility within a well-funded, high-growth startup founded by an experienced team. As the company scales, you will have the opportunity to broaden your generalist scope, or to take on leadership within a function that aligns with your interests and skills.
- With the CEO and General Manager, drive the company’s overall strategic efforts while ensuring our processes and operations scale as we grow
- Partner with the General Manager on driving Renew’s day-to-day operations, including the company’s meeting and communication rhythm internally and externally
- Help prepare for and participate in major meetings with investors, partners, and customers
- Take on special projects as necessary (e.g., assessing and driving partnership opportunities)
- 2+ years of professional experience; management consulting, sell/buy-side finance, corporate business development, and/or startup experience all big plusses
- Exceptional academic record and credentials
- Track record of leadership and organizational impact
- Unimpeachable business toolkit, including quantitative, analytical, and oral/written communication skills
- Razor-sharp problem-solving ability, especially in the face of ambiguity
- Extreme bias toward action and ability to manage a portfolio of projects independently
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
At Renew, we’re modernizing the retirement experience for a new generation of retirees. Founded in 2016 by Kevin Nazemi (co-founder, co-CEO, Oscar Health) and Tony DeGangi (Hunch, eBay), we’re using innovative technology to build clear and simple, yet powerful, tools. We guide our users through complex health and financial decisions so they can focus on enjoying the next, best phase of their lives.
Renew’s goal is to become the premiere destination for the 10,000 people who age into retirement each day. While it was once common for employers to provide retirement benefits, today’s retirees find themselves navigating a complex landscape of government websites, ads, and brokers--all on their own. And while the market speaks to them like they’re at death’s door, we know that today’s retiree is plugged in, active, and digitally savvy. Renew will help manage their health, wealth, and time in a way that fits seamlessly into their lives.
This vision has attracted investment from Venrock, Nyca, and Garrett Camp (Uber’s co-founder), and took shape in our first product launch in October 2017.
Renew’s team is well suited to the challenge. We have years of experience building consumer-focused solutions for top tech and healthcare companies, including Oscar Health, Google, Microsoft, McKinsey, Hunch, eBay, Tag, and The New York Times. While we definitely work hard, we don’t take our beachside environs for granted--especially with an office on Abbot Kinney in Venice, which GQ has dubbed “the coolest block in America.” In everything we do, we aim to be as humble and grounded as we are driven and ambitious.
We set a high bar for our talent, and we compensate accordingly. Renew’s package for all employees includes competitive salary, equity (with five-year exercise window), and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with 4% company match.
We treat our customers the way we want our own family to be treated.
We hold ourselves accountable to the bold commitments we make inside and outside of the office.
Respect & Trust
We value the talent, time and intentions of everyone we work with.
We believe in the power of technology to enable progress.
We have a lot to learn and trust to earn.
We laugh, a lot.